Company Name: Grass Roots Private Day Nursery
St. Peters Community Centre
Closing date: 28 February 2022
Brief overview of the role: This Traineeship is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. We are looking for someone with a love of working with children where you will complete the qualification: Award in Caring for Children Level 1
Working week: You will work between the hours of 9am-6pm Monday to Wednesday in your placement, shifts may vary week to week. You will also have 7 hours study time with your dedicated tutor to complete other activities.
Total hours per week: 28:00
Expected duration: 13 weeks (TBC)
Possible start date: 1 March 2022
Reference number: VAC001819327
Positions: 3 available
A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 6 months.
You can apply if you’re:
- eligible to work in England
- unemployed and have little or no work experience
- aged 16 to 18 and qualified below Level 3
- a work experience placement
- help with English and maths (if you need it)
You won’t be paid, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals.
About the Employer
Grass Roots Nursery are a newly established family setting with a passion and drive for providing excellent childcare. We like curiosity led learning and development, where children have the freedom to explore and learn within a safe, secureand inviting environment. Our team are friendly, professional and passionate about the care and learning opportunities given to our children. We like to think outside the box whilst providing stimulating activities which are centred around each child’s interests.
A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high-quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
Tasks could include:
- Participating in engaging and interactive activities
- Work alongside other members of staff to support the daily routine and planning of assessments
- Work in a way that always promotes child safety
- Communicating with parents and carers over pupils’ daily activities
- To consult with the children and involve them in the planning of activities
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with staff in relation to children’s development and progress
- To prepare food for the children and facilitate meal and snack times, ensuring they are a pleasant social experience for the children
- To work in line with the setting standards to develop good relationships with colleagues, children, parents, and other visitors to the setting.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Great personality
- Good manners
- Able to use own initiative Passion for childcare
- Team player
- Able to take direction
- Work well within a team
- After successful completion of the Traineeship course, you will receive a certificate of completion and a letter of reference as a minimum, to support future job applications
- The employer is looking for someone to continue to progress and continue onto an apprenticeship at the end of this traineeship
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Training to be provided
This Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training, Functional Skills maths and English support for those who require it and a high-quality work experience placement.
NCFE CACHE Caring for Children Level 1:
- Practical health and safety when with young children
- Respecting and valuing children
NCFE CACHE Employability Level 1:
- CV and interview skills
- ICT for employment and online security
- Mental health and mindset
- Working in a team and customer service
Functional Skills Level 1:
- Essential Digital Skills