Brief overview of the role
Broad Oak are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their team as an Apprentice Nursery Assistant.
Duties to include but not be limited to:
- Following appropriate policies, procedures and systems ensuring the educational, social, physical, emotional, health and welfare needs of the children are met at all times
- To become involved in children’s activities so as to stimulate and extend their learning
- To demonstrate sensitivity toward children and families within the facility
- Providing an environment that is safe, stimulating and challenging, Ensuring compliance with ‘The Children Act 2004’ and the ‘Childcare Act 2006’
- Assisting in the admission and induction of new children
- Assisting in the maintenance of all necessary records to meet internal, E.Y.D.C.P and Ofsted requirements
- To take an active role in the promotion of excellent health and safety practices
- To respond effectively to any health and safety issues that may arise, and report any necessary matters
- To participate in training and meetings as requested by the Management Team
- Performing any other duties commensurate with the general nature of the position requested by the Management Team
Requirements and prospects
- Team player
- Motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Able to take direction
- Previous experience within a similar role an advantage
A good standard of English and maths.
For the successful candidate there is the opportunity to continue with ongoing employment and progression.
Things to consider
Due to location you must live close to the setting and be able to commute there with ease.
Questions for candidates
How will you travel to the employer’s location and how long will this take?
Why do you want this apprenticeship?
About the employer
As we are a small nursery, we are able to offer children and their families a warm, friendly and reassuring environment in which children can grow and learn at a pace that suits them. Every child is unique and will explore, investigate and learn in their individual way.
Our team of qualified long-term staff have worked together consistently for many years. They are dedicated to providing a rich stimulating environment in which children can play explore and learn.
We make it our priority to familiarise ourselves with each child’s individual needs and interests. This specific knowledge allows us to create challenging and enabling environments for children to explore, adapt their resources and plan activities.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
- Zoe Harrop
Training to be provided
You will complete either:
- Level 2/3 qualification in Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Functional skills in maths and English (if required)
Children and Young People’s Workforce