Brief overview of the role
We are looking for someone with a love of working with children where you will gain a qualification in childcare. If you want to work with children and gain a qualification apply now.
02 Mar 2020
- Following appropriate policies, procedures and systems ensuring the educational, social, physical, emotional, health and welfare needs of the children are met at all times
- To become involved in children’s activities so as to stimulate and extend their learning
- To demonstrate sensitivity toward children and families within the facility
- Providing an environment that is safe, stimulating and challenging, ensuring compliance with ‘The Children Act 2004’ and the ‘Childcare Act 2006’
- Assisting in the admission and induction of new children
- Assisting in the maintenance of all necessary records to meet internal, E.Y.D.C.P and Ofsted requirements
- To take an active role in the promotion of excellent health and safety practices
- To respond effectively to any health and safety issues that may arise, and report any necessary matters
- To participate in training and meetings as requested by the Management Team
- Performing any other duties equal with the general nature of the position requested by the Management Team
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to communicate with children
- Team player
- No prior qualifications needed as full training will be given
- Potential future employment
Things to consider
- For more information on the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices please visit https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Questions for candidates
Do you have a childcare level 2 qualification?
How will you get to the nursery at S7 1HQ and how long will it take you?
About the employer
Scallywags Day Nursery based in Sheffield and boasts some of the finest childcare provisions the city has to offer. The warm, friendly and professional staff are on hand to ensure that each child is given their own development programmes, each child is treated as an individual. Scallywags Day Nursery, Holiday and Out of school club has recently undergone an Ofsted inspection and achieved a Good status with elements of Outstanding practices.
If you feel you can contribute to the success of Scallywags and its practices please apply. For further information on Scallywags and its services click the weblink provided.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
- Zoe Harrop
Training to be provided
Training to follow the Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
- Children’s Learning & Development E.Y.E. level 3
- Functional skills in English and maths if required
Early Years Educator