Askham Bar Day Nursery
Brief overview of the role
We are looking for someone with a love of working with children where you will gain a qualification in childcare. If you want to work with children and gain a qualification apply now
- Working week
- Working week Monday to Friday Hours TBA Total hours per week: 30 plus
- Total hours per week: 30.00
- Expected apprenticeship duration
Duties and responsibilities to include:
- following appropriate policies, procedures, and systems ensuring the educational, social, physical, emotional, health, and welfare needs of the children are met always
- Become involved in children’s activities to stimulate and extend their learning
- Demonstrate sensitivity toward children and families within the facility
- Providing an environment that is safe, stimulating and challenging, ensuring compliance with ‘the children act 2004’ and the ‘childcare act 2006’
- Assisting in the admission and induction of new children
- Assisting in the maintenance of all necessary records to meet internal, E.Y.D.C.P and Ofsted requirements
- Take an active role in the promotion of excellent health and safety practices
- Respond effectively to any health and safety issues that may arise, and report any necessary matters
- Performing any other duties commensurate with the general nature of the position requested by the management team
- Making sure all children are safe and treated equally
- Be involved in activities
- Work with parents/carers/families as well to help encourage children
- Ensure good standards of safety, hygiene, and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- Effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
- Working towards a childcare level 2 or 3 qualification
Requirements and prospects
- Team player
- Motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Able to take direction
No formal qualifications required as full training will be provided
To become fully qualified in child care
Questions for candidates
Why do you want this apprenticeship ?
How will you get to the employers location?
About the employer
Askham Bar Day Nursery
A Small, Friendly Nursery Established in 1996
Welcoming, caring environment created by a well established team.
Enjoyable, stimulating play activities and experiences offered indoors and outdoors.
2, 3 and 4 year old free early years places.
Nutritious snacks and meals, 5* food hygiene.
Childcare vouchers accepted.
Birth-5 Years Ofsted ‘Good’ Rated
Training to be provided
We are looking for someone with a love of working with children where you will gain a qualification in:
Childcare Level 2 & 3
Functional skills in English and maths if required
Children and Young People’s Workforce