Brief overview of the role
Early Years Educator level 3 required. Ideally, you will already have the Childcare level 2 qualification (or equivalent) experience and we are looking for someone with a love of working with children to join our team. Do you want to work with children and gain your next qualification – Apply now!
31 Jan 2019
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Following appropriate policies, procedures and systems ensuring the educational, social, physical, emotional, health and welfare needs of the children are met at all times
- To become involved in children’s activities so as to stimulate and extend their learning
- To demonstrate sensitivity toward children and families within the facility
- Providing an environment that is safe, stimulating and challenging, ensuring compliance with ‘The Children Act 2004’ and the ‘Childcare Act 2006’
- Assisting in the admission and induction of new children
- Assisting in the maintenance of all necessary records to meet internal, E.Y.D.C.P and Ofsted requirements
- To take an active role in the promotion of excellent health and safety practices
- To respond effectively to any health and safety issues that may arise, and report any necessary matters
- To participate in training and meetings as requested by the Management Team
- Performing any other duties commensurate with the general nature of the position requested by the management team
Requirements and prospects
- Team player
- Motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Able to take direction
Ideally, you will already have the Childcare level 2 qualification or equivalent experience and we are looking for someone with a love of working with children to join our team.
For the successful candidate there is ongoing employment and progression upon completion of their Apprenticeship.
Questions for candidates
Have you already gained the Childcare Level 2 qualification and/or have relevant experience within a similar?
How will you travel to the employer’s location?
About the employer
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
We are fortunate to be placed at the heart of the historic City of York. From walks down the river to dressing up as Romans, our community lies at the heart of everything we do. For each child, aged from 3 to 11, we want to foster a love of learning and a deep desire to be successful, so they are prepared for a changing world in the 21st century.
We want the children to begin a learning journey that will continue throughout their lives. Active learning and teaching are central to all that goes on in our school. We encourage and motivate all children to “achieve great things together”, wherever they come from and whatever their needs.
We pride ourselves on the strong partnership and relationships we have with parents and carers who we encourage to play a full part in supporting their children’s learning. We are an inclusive and open school and we ensure that the children are happy, safe and enjoy their learning. Do come and see us!
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (Early Years Educator)
- Functional skills in maths and English (if required)
Children and Young People’s Workforce
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
- Zoe Harrop