Brief overview of the role :
Apprentice Nursery Practitioner for a Childminders in York, YO32 The ideal candidate will either have their Children and Young Peoples Workforce Level 2 qualification or previous knowledge and experience in childcare and will be looking to progress to the next level. We are looking for someone with a love of working with children
Closing date :
30 Jan 2019
Apprenticeship summary :
Working week :
- Monday to Friday covering the opening times
- Total hours per week: 30.00
Weekly wage :
Expected apprenticeship duration :
Possible start date :
01 Feb 2019
Apprenticeship level :
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Reference number :
Positions available :
Vacancy description :
- Following appropriate policies, procedures and systems ensuring the educational, social, physical, emotional, health and welfare needs of the children are met at all times
- To become involved in children’s activities so as to stimulate and extend their learning
- To demonstrate sensitivity toward children and families within the facility.
- Providing an environment that is safe, stimulating and challenging, ensuring compliance with ‘The Children Act 2004’ and the ‘Childcare Act 2006’.
- Assisting in the admission and induction of new children.
- Assisting in the maintenance of all necessary records to meet internal, E.Y.D.C.P and Ofsted requirements.
- To take an active role in the promotion of excellent health and safety practices.
- To respond effectively to any health and safety issues that may arise and report any necessary matters.
- To participate in training and meetings as requested by the Management Team.
- Performing any other duties commensurate with the general nature of the position requested by the Management Team.
Future prospects :
For the successful candidate there is the opportunity of ongoing employment and progression upon completion of the relevant qualification
Desired qualifications :
The ideal candidate will either have their Children and Young Peoples Workforce Level 2 qualification or previous knowledge and experience in childcare and will be looking to progress to the next level.
Questions for candidates
Do you have a qualification and /or previous experience in a children s setting?
How will you travel to the Employer’s location?
About the employer
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
‘Sticky Fingers Childminding’ is a home based environment with high quality childminders and assistants providing nurturing care and education. We have high ratios of 1 adult to 3 early years children, giving nine children the opportunity to form special relationships and make friends, within a small family setting. School children are able to attend before, after school and during the holidays, this is helpful for growing families and provides continuity for each child. A great opportunity for all children to learn about the needs of others and gain from each others experiences.
Training to be provided
- Early Years Educator Level 3
- Functional Skills as required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Children and Young People’s Workforce
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
- Sally Baldwin