Little Gems Private Day Nursery
Brief overview of the role
We are looking for someone with a love of working with children where you will gain a qualification in childcare. If you want to work with children and gain a qualification apply now
Monday to Friday Hours TBA
Total hours per week: 30 plus
Duties and responsibilities to include:
- following appropriate policies, procedures, and systems ensuring the educational, social, physical, emotional, health, and welfare needs of the children are met always
- Become involved in children’s activities to stimulate and extend their learning
- Demonstrate sensitivity toward children and families within the facility
- Providing an environment that is safe, stimulating and challenging, ensuring compliance with ‘the children act 2004’ and the ‘childcare act 2006’
- Assisting in the admission and induction of new children
- Assisting in the maintenance of all necessary records to meet internal, E.Y.D.C.P and Ofsted requirements
- Take an active role in the promotion of excellent health and safety practices
- Respond effectively to any health and safety issues that may arise, and report any necessary matters
- Performing any other duties commensurate with the general nature of the position requested by the management team
- Making sure all children are safe and treated equally
- Be involved in activities
- Work with parents/carers/families as well to help encourage children
- Ensure good standards of safety, hygiene, and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- Effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
- Working towards a childcare level 2 or 3 qualification
Requirements and prospects
- Desired skills
- Team player
- Motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Able to take direction
No formal qualifications required as full training will be provided.
To become fully qualified in child care
Little Gems Private Day Nursery – M27 4BF
Little Gems in M27 4BF is a community based Private Day nursery that provides a caring, stimulating, fun, learning environment to meet your child’s educational and social needs. We aim to provide a happy, relaxed day care provision that will encourage your child to explore and experiment in order to fully attain their early learning goals.
If you need full-time care we are open from 8.00am to 6.00pm – 51 weeks a year (excluding Bank Holidays and Christmas).
Our staff are qualified and experienced nursery nurses who undergo regular training to keep them up-to-date with all aspects of childcare and are committed to providing a well-balanced curriculum which respects all children’s individual requirements. All our staff are also fully first aid trained and have actually put their training into action on a few occasions
For the safety of our children, our premises are equipped with CCTV and only those people who are on the Child’s Registration Form are able to collect children.
All our food is prepared and cooked on the premises, providing a healthy nutritional diet, and we also cater for children with special dietary requirements.
Training to be provided
We are looking for someone with a love of working with children where you will gain a qualification in:
Childcare Level 2 & 3
Functional skills in English and maths if required