Special Educational Needs Coordinator
The learner must be at least 16 years of age
About the course
The Level 3 Award for Special Education Needs Coordinators in Early Years qualification is aimed at Level 3 Nursery Practitioners in a private, voluntary or independent setting. All providers of Early Years Childcare are required to have arrangements in place to identify and support children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and to promote equality of opportunity for children in their care.
This is an important role to ensure the best possible educational outcomes are achieved for children with SEND.
Eden’s SENCO qualification is tailored for those already working in a SENCO role as part of their Early Years Practitioner role, or for those individuals who are interested in upskilling. This qualification is also appropriate for Childminders.
Learner attendance at two (2-hr) teaching sessions with one of Eden’s expert Tutors. In addition, learners will complete a supporting SENCO workbook, carrying out set tasks and assignment to support the required 24 minimum guided learning hours (GLH). In total, the programme will consist of 34 hours learning.
- Explore the role and responsibilities of the Special Educational Needs Coordinator in an early years setting
- Understand the strategies and techniques for supporting children and their families
- Progress to further programmes of development
- Develop new practical skills in the childcare sector.
Unit 01: Roles and responsibilities of the Special Educational Needs Coordinator in the Early Years
- The aim of this unit is to explore the role of statutory guidance and how this informs the role and responsibilities of the Special Educational Needs Coordinator in an early years setting.
Unit 02: Strategies and techniques for supporting children and families
- The aim of this unit is for the learner to consider strategies and techniques for supporting children and their families with Special Educational Needs and Disability in early years settings.
For Eden Apprentices.
CPD (non-accredited) FREE
Fully accredited training £100 +VAT (inc. registration & certification costs)
For existing Eden customers who aren't Apprentices.
CPD (non-accredited) £50 +VAT
Fully accredited training £150 +VAT (inc. registration & certification costs)
For new Eden customers.
CPD (non-accredited) £100 +VAT
Fully accredited training £200 +VAT (inc. registration & certification costs
Get In Touch
Ready to book onto the SENCo course?
Fill out the contact form below to request your place.