Important information and digital resource
Get in Touch
Apprentice Nursery Practitioner – SHINING FUTURES – LONDON, E2 9BA
- Type: Apprenticeship
- Sector: Childcare
- Level: 2
- Vacancy length: 15 Months
Company Name: Shining Futures
1 Ada Place
Closing date: 24 Dec 2021
Brief overview of the role: Want to start your career and gain experience working in a Nursery or childcare setting? Do you want to help children reach their full potential?We are currently looking for an apprentice nursery practitioner to work in our setting in London-APPLY NOW!!!
Working week: Monday – Friday between 8am – 6pm, hours to be arranged on a rota basis and you will be paid 40 hours per week.
Total hours per week: 40:00
Weekly wage: £172
Expected duration: 13 months
Possible start date: 27 Dec 2021
Apprenticeship level: 2
Reference number: VAC001786718
Positions: 1 available
About the Employer
Shining futures is a private day Nursery, registered by OFSTED in E2 9BA .We provide high quality education and childcare for children between the ages of 3 months to 5 years in Hackney, Bethnal green E2 areas.
The company has two directors, Lara and Esin . As working mothers ourselves, we are aware of how important it is to find the very best childcare possible for your child, allowing you to return to work safe in the knowledge that your child is being cared for in a secure, loving environment by qualified and experienced staff.
It is for that reason that we strive to create a safe and secure learning environment where childrenfeel nurtured and stimulated from the moment they step through the door.
We provide opportunities and activities for children to experience the five outcomes of the Every Child Matters Framework: Being Healthy, Staying Safe, Enjoying and Achieving, Making a Positive Contribution and Achieve Economic Well being.
We ensure that every child is given an equal opportunity to learn through high quality playexperiences.
If you choose Shining Futures Nursery we look forward to sharing this journey with you!
Brief description of responsibilities
- Providing engaging and interactive activities
- Communicating with parents and carers over pupils’ progress and participating in departmentalmeetings, parents’ evenings and whole school training events
- To contribute to the planning and implementation of a programme of educational activitiessuitable for children aged 0-5 years in conjunction with other staff, ensuring they meet the learning and development, assessment, safeguarding, and welfare needs of the Early Years Foundation Stage requirements
- To undertake regular observations and record their assessment for the children they have responsibility for as key person, and incorporate next steps into planning whilst ensuring to track their progress
- To plan appropriate interventions for individuals or groups of children at risk of a delay in their development
- To consult with the children and involve them in the planning of activities.
- To regularly liaise with parents about aspects of their child’s progress and development as the key person on an ongoing basis
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with parents and other professionals in relation to children’s development and progress through formative and summative assessment
- To prepare food for the children and facilitate meal and snack times, ensuring they are a pleasant social experience for the children
- To work in line with the setting standards to develop good relationships with colleagues, children, parents, and other visitors to the setting
Requirements and prospects
- Genuine interest in working in a childcare environment
- Able to take direction
- Experience working with children
- Work well within a team
- Motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Great personality
- Good manners
- Able to use own initiative
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent)
The employer is looking for someone to continue to progress and continue in employment at theend of this apprenticeship
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Training to be provide
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Apprenticeship standard: Early Years Practitioner