Important information and digital resource
Get in Touch
Apprentice Nursery Assistant – HOLLY HOUSE PRIVATE DAY NURSERY – LEEDS, LS7 3QW
- Type: Apprenticeship
- Sector: Childcare
- Level: 2
- Vacancy length: 13 Months
Company Name: Holly House Private Day Nursery
62 Wensley Drive
Brief overview of the role: Holly House Private Day Nursery are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their team as an Apprentice Nursery Assistant. To work alongside the nursery team to deliver a high standard of education to the children whilst gaining as much practical experience as possible for the duration of your apprenticeship.
Closing date: 07 Jan 2022
Working week: Shifts to cover opening times, Monday to Friday
Total hours per week: 30.00
Weekly wage: £129.00
Expected duration: 13 months
Possible start date: 10 Jan 2022
Apprenticeship level: 2
Reference number: VAC001745490
Positions: 1 available
About the employer
Welcome to Holly House! As parents ourselves, we understand the value of good quality childcare. That is why at Holly House we have created a safe place for children to explore and discover the world around them.
Children develop an understanding of their environment in our fantastic outdoor space which houses a large vegetable plot, wooden play equipment and traversing wall, all surrounded by mature trees.
Our comprehensive list of facilities and resources support children in expressing themselves in a way that is relevant to them. By understanding that children are on a learning journey, we recognise that mistakes are golden opportunities for growth and development.
Our team is experienced and qualified and appreciate that each child is unique. We think that Holly House is a fantastic starting point in your child’s journey, we hope that you do too.
Holly House private day nursery have a fantastic apprenticeship opportunity available. We are looking for highly motivated, creative and caring individual to join our friendly team. Want to make a difference? Apply today.
In this role you may:
- Plan and supervise activities like arts and crafts
- Help children to learn numeracy and language skills through games
- Take part in singing, role play and story telling
- Observe children and make notes to write reports
- Make sure children are safe and well
- Speak with parents, carers and other nursery staff
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to follow instructions
- Excellent verbal and non verbal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Work on own initiative as necessary
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Good problem solver
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Neat and professional appearance
- Enthusiasm for working with young children
- Excellent two way communicator
GCSE or equivalents at grades 4/C or above in maths and English.
For the successful candidate there is the opportunity to continue with ongoing employment and progression.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Training to be provided
Full on the job training will be provided as well as working towards:
- Development of the required knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English
- Gain valuable workplace experience
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Apprenticeship standard: Early Years Practitioner – L2