Important information and digital resource
Get in Touch
Apprentice Nursery Assistant – HARCOURT DAY NURSERY – HARROGATE, HG1 5NL
- Type: Apprenticeship
- Sector: Childcare
- Level: 2
- Vacancy length: 13 Months
Company Name: Harcourt Nursery
2 Harcourt Road
Closing date: 24 Dec 2021
Brief overview of the role: We are looking for someone with a love of working with children and where you will gain a qualification in childcare. If you want to work with children and gain a qualification, apply now.
Working week: We are open 7.30 till 6.30 Monday to Friday – you will be required to work on a rota basis to cover these times
Total hours per week: 40:00
Weekly wage: £172.00
Expected duration: 13 months
Possible start date: 27 Dec 2021
Apprenticeship level: 2
Reference number: VAC001796733
Positions: 1 available
About the Employer
Harcourt Day Nursery has been open since 1987 and is located close to the town centre of Harrogate. Catering for children from 3 months to 5 years of age, we aim to provide the best possible care and education for your children to reach their individual goals.
The nursery is divided up into four sections to cater for the different stages your child will reach whilst in our care: Age Range Babies 3 months to 15 months, Tweenies 15 months to 2 years. Caterpillars 2 years to 3 years, Butterflies 3 years to 5 years. Each section has its own space and the activities are planned for the needs of the children in each group. We introduce appropriate toys,books and games, reflecting positive images and cultures in order to encourage equal developmentand equality. We want you to feel relaxed, free from worry and be confident your child is being caredfor by qualified, experienced staff who will do all they can to ensure your child feels safe and securein our care.
We operate in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere; we aim to help develop your child’s mental, physical and social skills through the art of play. Once again, we have been given a good OFSTED report and feel we offer an excellent standard of childcare.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
- Following appropriate policies, procedures and systems ensuring the educational, social,physical, emotional, health and welfare needs of the children are always met
- To become involved in children’s activities to stimulate and extend their learning
- To demonstrate sensitivity towards children and families within the facility
- Providing an environment that is safe, stimulating, and challenging, ensuring compliance with‘The Children Act 2004’ and the ‘Childcare Act 2006’
- Assisting in the admission and induction of new children
- Assisting in the maintenance of all necessary records to meet internal, E.Y.D.C.P and Ofstedrequirements
- To take an active role in the promotion of excellent health and safety practices
- To respond effectively to any health and safety issues that may arise and report any necessarymatters
- To participate in training and meetings as requested by the management team
- Performing any other duties commensurate with the general nature of the position requested bythe management team
Requirements and prospects
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to communicate with children
- Team player
No prior qualifications needed as full training will be given.
Potential future employment.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Training to be provide
Alongside this you be gaining valuable work experience and knowledge within a workplace, you will complete either:
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-point assessment (EPA)
If you already have the Level 2 childcare qualification then you can apply to be considered for the Early years Educator level 3.
Apprenticeship standard: Early Years Practitioner