Important information and digital resource
Get in Touch
Apprentice Early Years Practitioner – SUNFLOWER CHILDREN’S CENTRE & SKOOL’S OUT HOLIDAY CLUB – SHEFFIELD S12 3HS
- Type: Apprenticeship
- Sector: Childcare
- Level: 2
- Vacancy length: 15 Months
Company Name: Sunflower Children’s Centre & Skool’s Out Holiday Club
21 Carter Hall Road
Brief overview of the role: We are looking for someone with a love of working with children to add to our team but even if you do not have any experience you may still be considered. If you want to continue to work with children and gain a qualification – Apply now!!
Closing date: 15 Feb 2021
Working week: You will work a minimum of 30 hours per week – Monday to Friday , covering the opening times of the setting – these will be discussed upon offer of apprenticeship You will be paid the NMW for Apprentices- Currently £4.15 per hour
Total hours per week: 30 hrs
Weekly wage: £124.50
Expected duration: 15 months
Possible start date: 18 Feb 2021
Apprenticeship level: 2
Reference number: VAC001656439
Positions: 2 available
Duties will include:
- Delivering a high standard of care, learning and development opportunities to children aged 0 – 5 years.
- Ensuring the setting is a clean and safe environment for children, staff and other visitors.
- Developing partnerships with parents and carers to increase involvement in their child’s development
- Completing any reasonable tasks delegated by management or qualified room staff.
- Completing all academic aspects of apprenticeship set within timescales.
Requirements and prospects
- Genuine interest in working in a childcare environment
- Able to take direction
- Experience working with children
- Work well within a team
- Motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Confident, Great personality
- Good manners
- Able to use own initiative
- Level 2 Childcare ideally or relevant experience
- Must have GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C/9-4 or Functional Skills Level 2
The employer is looking for someone to continue to progress and continue in employment at the end of this apprenticeship.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Training to be provided
Full on the job training will be provided as well as working towards:
- Development of the required knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English
- Gain valuable workplace experience
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Apprenticeship standard: Early Years Practitioner – L2