Important information and digital resource
Get in Touch
Apprentice Childcare Practitioner – PLAYDAYS – BARNSLEY, S71 2JS
- Type: Apprenticeship
- Sector: Childcare
- Level: 3
- Vacancy length: 24 Months
Company Name: Playdays
Brief overview of the role: We are looking for someone with a love of working with children where you will gain the Early Years Educator Level 3 qualification. If you want to work with children and gain a qualification apply now!
Closing date: 12 Mar 2021
Working week: 16-20 hrs per week to be discussed at interview stage covering the opening times of 7.30am – 6.00pm, Monday – Friday. In line with working hours this vacancy is less than 30hrs per week the overall duration of the apprenticeship is therefore extended.
Total hours per week: 16
Weekly wage: £72.80-£139.52
Expected duration: 24 months
Possible start date: 15 Mar 2021
Apprenticeship level: 2
Reference number: VAC001682941
Positions: 1 available
About the Employer
Our Nursery has a dedicated baby room, toddler room and Pre-school room.
We have a secure outdoor area that has a barked area, astro-turf area and paved area to do activities such as painting, car games and parachute games.
We have a sensory room in nursery which focuses on stimulating the senses with bubble tubes, mirrors and lighting.
Main duties of the role include:
- Making sure all children are safe and treated equally
- Be involved in activities
- Work with parents/carers/families as well to help encourage children
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
Requirements and prospects
- Passion for childcare
- Experience working with children including babysitting
- Team player
- Motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Able to take direction
- Work well within a team
- Great personality
- Good manners
- Able to use own initiative
- None as full training will be provided
- Gaining a Level 3 in Childcare
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Training to be provided
- Development of the required knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English
- Gain valuable workplace experience
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
There may be the opportunity to go straight onto the Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship for the right candidate.
Apprenticeship standard: Early Years Educator – L3