Important information and digital resource
Get in Touch
Apprentice Childcare Practitioner – KIDS WORLD – ROTHERHAM, S63 9PG
- Type: Apprenticeship
- Sector: Childcare
- Level: 3
- Vacancy length: 16 Months
Company Name: Kids World
Closing date: 04 Jun 2021
Brief overview of the role: Are you looking to build a career in children’s work? We are looking for 2 enthusiastic individuals to join our team and undertake the Early Years Educator Level 3 apprenticeship in childcare.
Working week: Monday to Friday, shifts to be confirmed at interview stage
Total hours per week: 30.00
Weekly wage: £129.00
Expected duration: 16 months
Possible start date: 07 Jun 2021
Apprenticeship level: 3
Reference number: VAC001703051
Positions: 2 available
About the Employer
For all children to develop as curious, independent individuals, become active learners, risk takers and explorers. But most of all be happy.
To provide high quality experiences, putting the whole child at the heart of everything.
We will achieve this by giving children a voice, providing learning experiences which are child led and following their interests.
To create an inspiring nursery environment, where children thrive and learn.
We will provide a wide range of resources and activities which will stimulate children’s curiosity, provide challenge and encourage exploration and risk taking.
To build secure and trusting relationships with children and their families.
We will work alongside parents, sharing information to help children develop their physical and emotional well-being, ready to start life’s exciting journey.
Brief description of responsibilities
Responsibilities will include:
- To promote and provide exceptional standards of quality within the nursery including the environment and resources for the children and the experiences that are offered to the children
- To support the development of quality practice with regard to Special Needs and Inclusion
- To work with the Early Years Improvement Team to continuously improve the quality of the education and childcare
- To ensure that the children are kept safe and that all staff understand, and when necessary, follow the nursery’s safeguarding procedures
- To adhere to all policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety and ensure that any risk is managed and that any remedial action is taken immediately
- To report any accidents or incidents to the person in charge
- To support and supervise room staff with their day to day duties and work as part of a team
- To offer support and mentor staff and students and be a good role model to both other staff and the children
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required
- Maintain a high standard of appearance at all times
- To develop and promote parental partnership and involvement
- To develop positive relationships with children, staff and other agencies working with the nursery
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the Deputy Manager or Nursery Manager
Requirements and prospects
- Passion for childcare
- Experience working with children preferably with a Level 2 qualification in childcare
- Team player
- Motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Able to take direction
- Work well within a team
- Great personality
- Good manners
- Able to use own initiative
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English
- Ideally, you will already have gained the Level 2 qualification (or equivalent) in Early Years and be looking to further your career with the Level 3
Upon completion of the qualification there may be ongoing employment and progression available upon completion.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
07548 239 850
Training to be provided
We are looking for someone who like to work whilst they learn and during the apprenticeship to you will complete:
- Development of the required knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English
- Gain valuable workplace experience
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Apprenticeship standard: Early Years Educator – Level 3