Important information and digital resource
Get in Touch
Apprentice Business Administrator – W BOYES & CO – SCARBOROUGH, YO11 3DT
- Type: Apprenticeship
- Sector: Business
- Level: 3
- Vacancy length: 13 Months
Company Name: W Boyes & Co Ltd
Brief overview of the role: To provide administrative support on a day-to-day basis. The Buying Clerk supports the Office Manager and Buyers in providing a comprehensive office support to managers and staff within the organisation. We are looking for a driven person to add to the team.
Closing date: 07 Jan 2022
Working week: Days and shifts to be confirmed
Total hours per week: 30.00
Weekly wage: £129.00
Expected duration: 13 months
Possible start date: 10 Jan 2022
Apprenticeship level: 3
Reference number: VAC001713863
Positions: 1 available
About the Employer
In 1881 William Boyes opened a small store in Eastborough, Scarborough selling odd lots and remnants from merchants. There was great poverty in the working classes and housewives were even keener for a bargain than they are today.
To Boyes “Good Value” is a combination of quality and price.
Business to Business.
With a constantly changing product range of over 30,000 different items, Boyes are always on the lookout for new suppliers and new great-value items to keep the stores interesting and provide even more bargain opportunities for the 250,000 customers who pass through our doors each week.
An opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Buying Clerk to work within our Buying department whilst gaining a qualification. You will be responsible for supporting the Office Manager and Buyers ensuring high quality standards are met, whilst also maintaining excellent levels of customer service to the client and candidates.
This job role will offer an interesting and wide variety of duties, depending on the needs of the business on a week-to-week basis.
However, key duties will include:
- Spreadsheet updates/maintenance
- All general office duties to include filing, photocopying, faxing, scanning and the use of e-mail communication to a high professional standard
- Answering the telephone and relaying accurate messages
- Typing of reports and other documents where required
- Clerical duties related to the purchasing, receiving, storing and despatching of merchandise
- Understanding the administration and involvement of PER’S, Rolling Stocktakes, BGR’S
- Stock awareness and process of entry to exit
- Support with stocktaking and the input of data
- Ensure the working area is maintained in a clean, safe and hygienic condition
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a confident telephone manner and the ability to communicate effectively with people on all levels
- Focus to follow instructions and processes diligently
- Superb attention to detail with a commitment to the highest quality of output
- Competent ability in Microsoft Office packages including Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Organisation skills with high attention to detail and a desire to show initiative whilst keeping the deadlines
- Understands the importance of the role within the team
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for an individual who has real ambition and commitment to grow and develop a career not just a job. The ideal candidate will crave a challenge and work at their best in a fast paced, changeable environment.
We are looking for candidates with a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English Language at grade 6/B or above (or equivalent).
For the successful candidate there is the opportunity for ongoing employment and progression upon completion of their qualification.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Training to be provided
- Development of the required knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English
- Gain valuable workplace experience
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Apprenticeship standard: Business Administrator – L3