Important information and digital resource
Get in Touch
Apprentice Business Administrator – KNAVESMIRE PRIMARY SCHOOL – YORK, YO23 1HY
- Type: Apprenticeship
- Sector: Business
- Level: 3
- Vacancy length: 13 Months
Company Name: Knavesmire Primary School
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
Brief overview of the role: Knavesmire Primary School is an outstanding Primary school based in the South Bank area of York.We are looking to recruit an apprentice business administrator to join our small friendly school officeteam.
Working week: Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 16:00 – term time only
Total hours per week: 37.00
Weekly wage: £159.00
Expected duration: 13 months
Possible start date: 01 Nov 2021
Apprenticeship level: 3
Reference number: VAC001772333
Positions: 1 available
About the Employer
Knavesmire Primary School is situated in the South Bank residential area of the city of York. A strongsense of community exists in this area of York, and this is reflected in a highly stable schoolpopulation, with some families enjoying connections with the school for many generations.
We currently have over 400 children on roll, taught in fourteen different classes plus a morning andafternoon nursery. Due to the increasing demand for school places, the school – originally built in1915 has recently expanded, providing the space and facilities to become a fully functional moderntwo cohort entry school. In addition to the canteen, music room and original class spaces, theschool includes 6 new class teaching spaces, a new school hall, a new parents’ area at the front-of-school, and the original school hall transformed into a school library and mezzanine ICT suite.
Knavesmire’s community now includes 54 EAL pupils speaking 22 different languages. The schoolcelebrates its growing cultural diversity, in addition to supporting the individual needs of thosepupils.
The school currently holds a number of awards including: Gold Arts Mark Award and FullInternational School Award.
Brief description of responsibilities
- No two days are the same in this busy role, duties will include:
- Providing office support to parents, staff and children
- Sending emails and monitoring the school inbox
- Sorting incoming post
- Ordering office stationery and other supplies
- Keeping computer databases up to date
- Answering phones & taking phone messages and passing them on as appropriate
- Collecting and inputting schools data
- Being ready to learn and implement other administrative tasks that are required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a happy, confident telephonemanner
- Knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Reliable with excellent timekeeping skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- To have a good level of initiative and a willingness to learn
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can do’ approach to everyday work
- Open to change and new ideas
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Willingness to take responsibility and use your own initiative
- Awareness of the need for confidentiality
- An aptitude for thinking on the spot and problem solving
- To be well organised with the ability to prioritise tasks
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Upon completion of the qualification there may be ongoing employment and progression available.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in ICT level 2 (if GCSE or equivalent A*-C/9-4 is not already achieved)
- Functional Skills maths level 2 (if GCSE or equivalent A*-C/9-4 is not already achieved)
- Functional Skills English level 2 (if GCSE or equivalent A*-C/9-4 is not already achieved)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Apprenticeship standard: Business administrator