This month we as a nation celebrate Black History Month. In the USA, Black History Month has been celebrated every February since 1970, it was not officially celebrated in the UK until 1987 when Akyaaba Addai-Sebo, the activist, organized it. At that time, he was the coordinator for special projects for the Greater London Council….Read More
Diploma in Finance
- Qualification Type: Advanced Learner Loan
- Level: 3
- Course Duration: 9-12 months
- Course Value: £4,170
The Skills for Business qualifications provide transferable skills, knowledge and understanding that can be applied in any business setting.
While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as team working, independent learning and
problem-solving to other related skills such as:
- An appreciation for appropriate behaviour
- Appropriate interpersonal skills
- Communicating with professional colleagues/peers and/or hierarchical seniors
- Supporting other aspiring employees
- Personal manners and deportment
- Understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function
Student Loans Company
You won’t have to repay your loan back until your income is over £25,725 a year and you will only pay back 9% of any income above £25,725 a year.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2 qualification.
You must also be at least 19 years of age.
The Skills for Business qualification include 6 mandatory graded units that are aligned to business and represent the core attributes required by employers in a range of business settings and provide learners with following:
- An understanding of the essential skills required to work successfully in a business environment
- The skills required to solve problems in a business environment
- An understanding of business culture and responsibilities
- The ability to successfully communicate and work with others in a business environment
- The opportunity to develop the skills required to manage and improve their own performance
- The skills and knowledge to carry out finance activities
- Preparing final accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- Comparing and reporting actual costs with budgeted costs
- Working with VAT
Latest BlogsSee more
Advanced learner loans – A Summary If you are 19 or above, you could make use of the Advanced Learn Loan that is funded through the Students Loans Company. You can undertake approved qualifications from levels 3 to level 6 with a college or training provider to make use of the loan system which gives…Read More
World Mental Health Day 2020 is so important, it’s been a difficult year for us all, with months of lockdown, loss, and added stress, this has had a huge impact on our mental health and wellbeing. “According to research, with over 16,000 people, we know that more than half of adults (60%) and over two-thirds…Read More
Around 7.6 million jobs, or 24% of the UK workforce, are at the risk because of Covid-19 related lockdowns. People and places with the lowest incomes are the most vulnerable. The effects of Covid-19 have seen a huge impact on economies around the world. It was 23rd March 2020, that the UK went into a nationwide lockdown, to control the pandemic. This seems…Read More