Apprentice Childcare Practitioner required within a Nursery setting in Sheffield, S36!
We are looking for someone with a love of working with children where you will gain a qualification in :
Early Years Educator Level 3
You must have previous experience of working with children and/or ideally have the Childcare Level 2 qualification
If you want to continue to work with children and gain a qualification – Apply now!
Brief Description of Responsibilities:
• Following appropriate policies, procedures and systems ensuring the educational, social, physical, emotional, health and welfare needs of the children are met always
• To become involved in children’s activities to stimulate and extend their learning
• To demonstrate sensitivity toward children and families within the facility.
• Providing an environment that is safe, stimulating and challenging, ensuring compliance with ‘The Children Act 2004’ and the ‘Childcare Act 2006’.
• Assisting in the admission and induction of new children.
• Assisting in the maintenance of all necessary records to meet internal, E.Y.D.C.P and Ofsted requirements.
• To take an active role in the promotion of excellent health and safety practices.
• To respond effectively to any health and safety issues that may arise and report any necessary matters.
• Performing any other duties commensurate with the general nature of the position requested by the Management Team.
• Team Player
• Motivated and eager to Learn New Skills
• Able to Take Direction
Working 30+ hours per week your rota will cover the opening times of the Nursery Monday to Friday, your start and finish times may alter week on week
You will be paid the National Minimum Wage for Apprentice which is currently £3.70 per hour, but the setting also operates a bonus scheme
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £3.70 /hour