Apprentice Accounts Administrator required for a busy legal company based in Sheffield
You will be given full training to allow you to succeed in your Apprenticeship
You will work towards the following:
Diploma in Business Administration (QCF) Level 2
Diploma in Business Administration (QCF) Level 3
• To support the Manager with the financial upkeep of the Society’s affairs by maintaining
financial records, processing invoices, maintaining petty cash, banking, preparation of accounts, administering PAYE.
• To aid, as required, the Manager on any matters relating to the administration of the Society’s affairs.
• To assist when required in the staffing of the Society’s Library and Information Service, helping library users to locate items of stock, answering simple enquiries and carrying out routine tasks of library administration and maintenance.
• To answer enquiries both from members of the profession and from the public on a wide variety of matters. Training will be provided in relation to the handling of commonly received enquiries.
• To ensure relevant standards are adhered to.
• To attend meetings as and when appropriate.
• To comply with the Performance Appraisal Policy and to meet all performance targets set and
follow all recommendations and instructions made at appraisal interview and as set out in the appraisal interview form.
• To comply with all duties and obligations set out in the post holder’s contract of employment and as may be amended (after consultation) by the Society from time to time.
• Carry out other duties which may from time to time be required of the post holder by the Society.
Attributes and Requirements
• Numerate- GCSE’s with a minimum of Grade C – English and Maths
• Microsoft Office proficient
• Demonstrate drive, initiative and proactivity in the role
• Ability to work both as part of a bigger team and individually
• Ability to prioritise and organise tasks and workload
• Strong communication skills – verbal and written
• Previous experience if the legal or other professional environments would be an advantage as would previous use of financial managements systems
• Ambitious to learn and develop their career
• Ability to occasionally work unsocial hours as business needs dictates
• Tenacity and will to win
• Demonstrate professional conduct and respect for others always
• Demonstrate a customer first approach always and strive to exceed customer expectations
• Proactively assist other team members when they are busier
Working a 35 hour week, with opportunity to work overtime , you will be paid the National Minimum wage for Apprentices which is currently £3.70 per hour